. . . . rediscovering Bharat !
India lives in villages. This is one of the most common saying we have heard but there are very few who want to go and understand the problems that are being faced by our villages.
Gramya Manthan (Rural Immersion Program) aims at bridging the gap between India and Bharat. It will select 50 most amazing hearts from the country and take them on a rural exploration. The idea is to make youth realize the pressing issues of our country, it will help them understand the problems of our villages and execute solution during the course of program.
Gramya Manthan is dedicated to developing social leaders; well-rounded youngsters who are equipped with leadership skills to solve the challenges faced by Indian villages. Its core aim is to ignite young hearts with holistic concern for their society and nation.
Gramya Manthan’s Core Purpose:
There is a huge sense of disconnect between rural India and today’s youth. Youth has no clue of what are the problems being faced by our brothers and sisters in rural parts. They have read a lot, heard about the issues but have mostly never experienced or if experienced then they did not get a chance to think and execute solutions over there. We strongly believe that youth wants to contribute but often finds it hard to figure out the right way to go about it. We believe that by exposing passionate young people to these issues and giving them opportunity to solve small problems, we can ignite the fire in their hearts. This fire can make them think of both “Why they ?” and “How ?”, it will infuse a high sense of ”I Can” in them.
- It will change the outlook of young people towards issues in rural India and enhance their skills and knowledge to address them
- It will provide the young with the ability to seek holistic long term solutions and provide them great alternate career choices
- Turn the direction of conversation among youth groups from mere discussion of problems to solution oriented talks, and eventually action oriented plans
- Develop a pool of social leaders and build a strong network
- Create a community of youth who could serve as role model for their contemporaries
- Inspire to act, cause attitudinal shift in mindset